The lead singer of a Swedish metal band said he had to cancel a Minnesota concert when an accidental head bang on a tour bus left him bleeding.
All that happened is I hit my head in mastodons tour bus as I was getting a new pair of (red) underwear out from my suitcase,” Mikael Akerfeld, lead singer of death metal bank Opeth, said of his injury.
The result was an gash “open down to the skullbone”.
Akerfeld was released with eight metal staples in his head.
“So all rumors of me being in a car crash are false. I did crash my head into a car though, well…a bus really. Sorry,” Akerfeldt continued.
“Wish the story was more rock and roll, believe me.”
Other similar stories:
- July 20, 2012 -- Man suffers brain bleed after tumbling from moving car to escape girlfriend
- September 12, 2012 -- Drunk man who wandered home in his underpants sparked lifeboat search
- September 6, 2012 -- Reward offered for return of Simon Cowell’s head
- September 6, 2012 -- Skunk gets head stuck in mayonnaise jar
- September 3, 2012 -- Fox freed from floorboard